Have you ever wished your iPhone would ring only when certain people call? Here’s how to do it:
- Download the “Silence” ringtone here: silence.m4r
- Copy this file into the Ringtones section of your iTunes. (Click to enlarge.)
- Sync your iPhone with iTunes to load the ringtone.
- On your iPhone, change your ringtone to “Silence” (under Settings -> Sounds -> Ringtone). You’ll no longer hear your phone calls.
- For each person whose calls you still want to hear, change his or her Custom Ringtone to something audible: Click the name in your contact list, choose Ringtone, then choose something besides Default
Now you can screen calls in your sleep. Because Sunday afternoons are for napping.
UPDATE (Apr 14, 2011): I haven’t used it, but MrNumber.com appears to be an interesting service for identifying phone numbers belonging to telemarketers and blocking them.